Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Latest Lee Happenings

Well, June 1st started the summer of all summers! Here's a little of whats been happening in the last week!

Jeff started a summer job with the City's Park Department, he works 6:30am - 3:30 pm Mon-Fri. He is still at Sears three nights a week and on weekends so some days are REALLY long days for him!

Alicia started full time summer school in additon to working full time... it makes for late nights and early mornings!

But lets get to the important stuff! ETHAN!! June 1st marked a milestone for us as Ethan began daycare. My heart literally hurt as I walked way from his room- the room worker
could tell I was having a hard time and she told me I could come and check on him at lunch and thats when the tears started. I was trying to hold it all together until Jeff called to "check on me" and I lost it. I knew that it would be great for him but there is something about leaving your kid that was breaking my heart. All week between places to be I kept looking in the backseat of the car thinking "oh my god, i forgot him!" Day care has been wonderful for little ethan... he loves, loves, loves being around and watching the other children in his class! He comes home very worn out from the busy day and is usually still sleeping when it is time to get up and get dressed!

Ethan has MASTERED the art of rolling over! We have him sleep in one of those positioners to keep him from rolling over and that worked for a while but now... nearly immediatly after laying him down he rolls right over on his stomach...and I'm conflicted about that. Everything/everyone says "don't let babies sleep on thier stomachs" but I don't know what else to do to keep him on his back?!?!?! I wake up a couple times a night worried that he is face down in his bed unable to breath. Ughh, I don't know what to do.

We had a family outing to the Church's Night at the Zoo!! This was actually his second trip to the zoo but he slept through the first visit so this was exciting for us! It was an amazing time of fun and fellowship! We have wonderful friends in our church that are really so much more than friends!

We have experienced many firsts with ethan since the last post.... baby food, swimming, and more... but there is lots to get done while Ethan is sleeping.

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. I, too, used to worry about Reese rolling over in his sleep and so we did the whole positioner thing. Then I decided to ask the doctor at his 6 month checkup. He said if he has mastered rolling over from his back, he is old enough to roll himself back over to his back. I still worried, but he was right....

    :D
    Hope you can sleep peacefully knowing you got a "wild" sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anslee is a roll over master as well, and loves sleeping on her tummy. The doctor said this was normal, and perfectly healthy if they are able to do it on their own. No need to worry, your little man is strong enough now to roll himself back over if needed! I know the day care thing was hard, but I am so proud of you for making it through! Ethan is a lucky boy to have such loving and caring parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will reiterate what the other comments say on here...I worried as well about Hadley rolling over and sleeping on his tummy at first, but I have come to realize that he is going to sleep in whatever position he wants (back, stomach, side, etc.) and he will move and squirm around all night long so there's no point trying to stop it. The only bad thing now about tummy sleeping is that it tends to lead to leaky diapers (thanks to his "boyhood"). Oh well...nothing some dry jammies and sheets can't solve. I'm glad everything is going well with y'all (despite the busy-ness).

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... I have to pull his sheets off at least 4 nights a week due to his "boyhood"!!! i never thought I would need 6 crib sheets but now i may buy more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once they roll over on their own, you shouldn't worry if they prefer sleeping on their stomach (I worried a lot!!). But it's normal and fine :)

    ReplyDelete